Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Mind Spray: Faith 'n Perspective

Perspective is a motherf*cker; Faith too.
Who's point of view are you looking through? Some people stand alone, some stand on another's shoulders, some even borrow another's binoculars, as they don't have a POV(point of view) of their own. How do you indentify what's good, what's bad? We're all sinners, meaning things can only get better. You & I can only get better. To believe that, you need faith, no?
I see good on a regular basis, & am well blessed to live amongst 2 of the greatest, most giving people I know; Rawle & Lorna Bobb. My parents.
As I write this(Sunday evening), there is a man sleeping in my basement. He's not there because he thinks my couch is the most comfortable(its not). He's not there because he likes the way the fireplace flames flicker & dance above the kindling, or even for the fiery glow it creates against the walls similar to a disco ball.
He's there cause he has nobody else.
The entrepreneur, with side hustles that had included being the top bodyguard for television's Pastor Pat Francis, is what someone would classify as "down on his luck". A diabetic that has little to nothing to eat on a regular basis, not to mention a mentally paralyzing bout with vertigo is someone who needs help.
A Man of God for many years, some would ask "Why & how could this happen to him?" From my perspective, that question is irrelavant. The fact is that; it has.
My parents do what they can, from adopting a stray cat beginning of '09 to simeltaneously inviting a down syndrome chick to live w/ us as a brief favour to Mississauga's Mayor Hazel Mac. I smile when I think about an evening I was sitting in my living room, the D.Syndrome girl, Catherine, sitting on the other couch pretending to watch TV, but really watching me from the corner of her eye. At the same time, this cat saunters by offering of itself... Well, actually offering the hair that refuses to stay on its body, leaving a trail behind 'em. I remember taking it all in thinking "What the EFF is happening to my home?" Lol
From providing breakfast, lunch & dinner to someone who has been abandoned by anyone and everyone who said they "loved" him, to taking him to the doctor; to getting subsidized housing approved for him come February, my parents have pulled out all the stops on this one. His perspective of ppl was slowly turning negative, which I think prompted him to break down in our basement. He sobbed to BobbDawgs (that's what I call my stepfather), "I have never seen the mercy & will of God so prevelant & blatant in all my years". BobbDawgs was touched.
I'm touched, cause this is my family.Faith & Perspective are mutherfuckers, man. If your perspective is clouded, it's hard to have faith. This foggy region is where I currently reside. I don't trust. I don't believe...in people. For f* sakes, my motto is:
"Manage expectations so you're never disappointed"
Along with:
"Born Alone, Die Alone, Build Yourself To Stand On Your Own".
I don't believe anyone is there for you. People are there for themselves, & if you happen to be around, then cool, have a slice. Life is a buffet, get up & get what u want. That's my POV; lifted directly from life experiences.
Faith contradicts what I believe. My parents are contradictions to my beliefs. We're in the same household, but in different worlds.
We look through different binoculars.

I think mine are clouded.

No comments: