Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Biggest Day in US History?


Are you ready for what is shaping up to be the biggest day in US history?

Just over 140 years ago Blacks in the United States were slaves awaiting Emancipation.....tomorrow may prove that Barack Obama, a genuine, intelligent, and quite possibly one of the most well spoken politicians of our time, can move people to overcome issues related to race and become the first Black elected president of the USA. Picture it: A Black family in the White House.

I can honestly say I never thought this could happen in my lifetime.

One cannot deny that the state of America's economy has played a significant role in what looks like a Democratic victory....but nonetheless that it has even come this far is certainly a step in the right direction.

The passing of his ailing grandmother yesterday, on the eve of the election is telling I think, before any great person achieves a great victory there is almost always some tragedy that precedes it.

Although I am not an American, I, like many other Canadians, feel a sense of camaraderie with those south of the border. One question I am asking myself is, can Obama deliver on the promise of change that illuminated from his campaign? Can he take the country that has fallen and raise it back up? Time will tell. One thing is for certain, this brings new meaning to that old phrase: The Great White Hope.

Yours Truly,
Politically Pondering Priscilla